A long time ago breast cancer was assumed an awful disease. A bit change now, If detected early, it can be easily cured. Removing the breast during breast cancer treatment can be one of the painful things you will have to face. It may not be the same for all patients. With the increase in knowledge about cures and treatments, breast cancer can be treated very easily.
Breast cancer occurs when the cells in our breasts, known as tumors, grow out of control, causing damage to nearby tissues and spreading everywhere. These cancerous tumors are known as malignant tumors and cause a lot of damage to your body. Since a tumor takes a long time to grow, it may not be easy to detect during self-examination. But this can be detected with mammograms.
The best treatment for breast cancer: early detection. Once cancer is discovered, it is easier for doctors and for you to fight it. By the age of 20, all women should begin breast self-examination (BSE); it is one of the easiest and earliest ways to detect cancer. These tests should be done a few days after menstruation. You should have this checkup at least once a month. A clinical breast exam should be done at least once a year.
Some of the signs to watch for when doing BSE
- A lump found in and around the nipple or armpit
- Change in size or shape
- Inward nipple or nipple discharge.
- Redness of the skin or heat
- Ripples or changes in skin texture.
Some of the causes of breast cancer
Gender: Being a woman is one of the most common reasons for breast cancer. Although men also suffer from this disease, just being a woman puts you in great danger.
Age: As you get older, your chances of developing breast cancer increase.
Family history: If someone in the family has had breast cancer, their chances of getting breast cancer are increased.
Being overweight or obese: if you are an overweight woman, your chances of breast cancer increase after menopause.
Lack of exercise: lethargy and lack of physical activity lead to weight gain and increase the chances of breast cancer
Alcohol: drinking alcohol becomes very risky as it increases the chances of breast cancer
Methods to prevent breast cancer
- Become a vegetarian
- Eat lots of organic foods and vegetables
- Avoid red meat and any processed food
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and queues
- You can eat something sweet with Stevia, an herb that replaces any other toxic artificial sweetener.
- Having whole grains is very good, like oats, Kamut and psyllium, which are a good source of fiber and enter the bloodstream directly
- Your diet should include wheat, bran, and cabbage, as they are very nutritious foods that help prevent breast cancer
- Garlic, ginger, carrots, celery, coriander, parsley, and parsnips have some of the highest nutrients in fighting cancer. Include them in your daily diet.